We LOVE Christmas time in Nashville and there are TONS of amazing events and activities to get you into the Christmas spirit this season!
Here’s our list of 10 must-dos this holiday season!
- Christmas at Gaylord Opryland November 10th, 2023 – January 1st, 2024: There are more than 3 million brilliant Christmas lights and sparkling decorations all over the resort, both indoors and outdoors. There’s ice tubing, ice skating, gingerbread house decorating, a Delta riverboat cruise, photos with Santa, Christmas fountain shows, and more!
- ICE! Featuring the Polar Express is the signature attraction at Gaylord Opryland. This magical event brings the holiday film, The Polar Express, to life through magnificent hand-carved ice sculptures. These sculptures are created from over 2 million pounds of ice!
- Dickens of a Christmas in Franklin, Tennessee December 9th and 10th, 2023: Using historic downtown Franklin as a backdrop, the Dickens of a Christmas festival recreates the time period of Charles Dickens. You’ll meet more than 200 characters, musicians, and dancers in Victorian costumes as well as 150 vendors selling crafts, art, and vintage items. Dickens of a Christmas is free to attend and there are several parking lots surrounding the event.
- Nashville Christmas Events: Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood November 18th, 2023 – January 7th, 2024: Cheekwood Estates and Gardens in Nashville has one of the best Christmas displays in the city, making it one of the greatest things to do in Nashville at Christmas. Over one million lights illuminate the gardens. There’s a Christmas tree comprised entirely of poinsettias (500 in total!) and the mansion will also be fully decorated. There are also chances for the kids to meet Santa, listen to holiday carolers, and savor hot beverages to warm up after your stroll.
- Candlelight Concerts: The Nutcracker and More December 2023: At the historic Parthenon, attend an unmissable performance of The Nutcracker by candlelight. As performed by the Listeso String Quartet, listen to your favorite Christmas tunes under the magical glow of candlelight.
- The Dancing Lights of Christmas November 10th – January 1st: The Dancing Lights of Christmas at the Ward AgCenter is Tennessee’s largest drive thru light and music show. Admission to the light show also allows access to Santa’s village and a visit with Santa, too.
- Christmas Tree Lighting in Downtown Franklin December 1, 2023: The City of Franklin is excited to light up the square Friday, December 1st, from 6:00-8:30 PM for the 2023 Christmas Tree Lighting on the Square, one of the best tree lighting events in Middle Tennessee!
- Franktown Festival of Lights November 18th – December 31st: This fun drive-thru happens nightly at the Williamson County Ag Expo Center in Franklin, Tennessee. The Festival of Lights benefits FrankTown Open Hearts, a local nonprofit organization. It is the longest drive-thru holiday lights spectacular in Williamson County with a brand new half-mile extension.
- Nashville’s Nutcracker December 8th – 24th, 2023: Nashville’s Nutcracker is an entirely unique rendition of the timeless classic, The Nutcracker. Watch this Nashville Ballet performance with original choreography, live music by the Nashville Symphony, brilliant sets and costumes, and an endless amount of holiday magic.
- Strolling the Streets of Downtown Franklin to see all the hotels and stores holiday lights and decorations! Grab a mug of hot cocoa with your family and friends and take a pleasant walk around downtown Franklin to soak up all the sweet holiday decorations.